UPDATE on COVID-19 and Essential Appointments
March 26, 2020Default
UPDATE ON COVID-19 & Essential Appointments
On March 22, 2020, the Victorian government announced the implement of a shutdown of all non-essential activity across the state to combat the spread of COVID-19.
At this time, Richard Lindsay and Associates will remain open in order to provide essential services to those where is it absolutely necessary. This includes patients with ocular emergencies, as well other patients – such as paediatric aphakic babies and children, and keratoconus and corneal graft patients – who are completely dependent on contact lenses for normal visual functioning. We would ask that if it is not essential for you to attend the practice, please do not schedule appointments at this time, and reschedule any upcoming appointments for a few months from now.
At present, our manufacturers are still operating and there has been no interruption in the supply of products or freight. If you need to order contact lenses, replenish solutions or collect glasses, we will happily arrange for these to be posted to you. Contact lens orders can be placed over the phone or on our website. If you have any concerns about the health of your eyes, one of our optometrists can provide assistance over the phone.
Attending an appointment:
In order to reduce contact with others and to encourage social distancing, we will be booking only a small number of patients per day, with appointment spaced out to limit the number of people in the office at any given time. We would also ask that patients adhere to the following request:
1. Please come alone, if possible
2. Please do not bring children to the office unless they are being seen by the optometrist. Please have drivers or support persons wait outside the practice or downstairs
3. Wash your hands with hot, soapy water and hand sanitiser upon entering the practice, and limit the number of surfaces you touch
4. Do not touch the spectacle frames, contact lens solutions or eyedrops. A staff member can collect the required frames, solutions and eyedrops for you
5. When possible, please insert and remove your own contact lenses
6. If you are experiencing any cold/flu-type symptoms, please do not attend the practice but rather notify us so that we can reschedule your appointment
7. If you have recently returned from an overseas trip or have had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, please do not attend the practice until the completion of your isolation period
In the event you, or someone you have had close contact with, is diagnosed with COVID-19 and you have visited the practice with the past 14 days, we ask that you notify us as soon as possible so that we can take appropriate and necessary measures.
The health and safety of our patients, staff and of the greater community has always been of the upmost importance for us. We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and will continue to follow the guidelines released by both the Department of Health and Human Services, and Optometry Australia to help prevent the spread of the virus. We will keep you updated as the situation continues to change and we appreciate your support and help in keeping everyone safe and healthy.
If you have any questions or concerns, please phone us on (03) 9417 6444 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
From the team at Richard Lindsay and Associates