March 18, 2020Default
The health and safety of our patients, staff and of the greater community has always been of the upmost importance for us at Richard Lindsay and Associates. We are closely monitoring the current COVID-19 situation and following the guidelines released by both the Department of Health and Human Services, and Optometry Australia to help prevent the spread of the virus.
The precautions we are taking:
- In the coming weeks we will be splitting into two teams to ensure that if members of one team have to go into self-isolation due to coming into contact with COVID-19, the other team will still be able to provide ongoing eye care to all our patients.
- We have always taken great care in ensuring our consulting and testing areas are cleaned before and after every patient examination. In recent weeks we have started ensuring that we are extra diligent with cleaning and disinfecting these areas for patient and staff safety.
- All staff are regularly using hand sanitiser and washing their hands thoroughly throughout the day, and we encourage patients to do the same at the front desk or when they are inserting or removing their own contact lenses.
- We may ask you some questions when you are calling to make an appointment regarding your current situation – including if you have been overseas recently or if you have had any flu-like symptoms over the past 14 days. These questions are just to ensure we can manage our appointment books and bring awareness to our staff.
Our aim as health practitioners is to continue to provide our necessary service to our patients throughout this time, and your support in this regard is greatly appreciated.
The precautions we ask you to consider:
- Regularly washing your hands with hot soapy water and using hand sanitiser when needed.
- If you are experiencing any cold/flu-type symptoms, please do not attend the practice but rather notify us so that we can reschedule your appointment.
- We ask that if you have:
- recently returned from an overseas trip; or
- have had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19
that you do not attend the practice until your isolation period is over.
In the event you, or someone you have had close contact with, is diagnosed with COVID-19 and you have visited the practice with the past 14 days, we ask that you notify us as soon as possible so that we can take appropriate and necessary measures.
If you have concerns about the health of your eyes and are unable to attend the practice our optometrists can provide advice to you over the phone.
If you need to order contact lenses, replenish solutions or collect glasses and are unable to come in we will happily arrange for these to be posted to you.
We will keep you updated as the situation continues to change and we appreciate your support and help in keeping everyone safe and healthy.
If you have any questions or concerns, please phone us on (03) 9417 6444 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
From the team at Richard Lindsay and Associates